The Section provides a variety of webinar topics throughout the year, but not on a fixed/routine schedule. Topics are offered as speakers are scheduled.
They are provided as a service to our members, with no fees charged. Registration is required to obtain the webinar link and call-in information.
When the Section learns of other webinars open to the public, they will also be posted locally. Some webinars hosted by other sources may be fee-based.
Recertification Units (RUs) are earned based on the length of the webinar, at 0.1 RU per hour. When hosted or tracked by the Ft. Worth Section, RU’s will be tracked in the Section’s RU Database. You are responsible to secure proof of RU credit when the webinar source is NOT the Ft. Worth Section.
When available, links to recordings of past webinar will be provided. RUs can be earned by this method as well as live participation.
Click here for approaching Webinars and for
availabel recordings -
Webinar User Tips (GoToWebinar software):
The following tips will permit you to become more interactive with the presenter:
- The audio for the webinar can be VoIP or telephone. VoIP is best when used with headpiece connected to computer. Telephone number IS NOT Toll Free.
- The Questions and Answer box sends your questions to the moderator/organizer who will review the questions and forward them to the speaker. To permit coverage of topic in time allocated, there may be limited opportunities for interactive voice communications with the presenter.
- There is an option to view the content full screen
- The GoToWebinar window with the feedback and controls is best located at the bottom left of your desktop. You can drag it there using the top bar. If it is too close to the bottom, some windows will not scroll open.
- The GoToWebinar window can shrink or expand as you click on the red arrow () at the top-left of window. A minimized window will not always warn you something new is inside.
- Check the tools option from the menus at the top, so that you will have access to the various windows.
- Next to your name in the participants’ window, there is a happy face. You can click on this and change it from green (happy) to yellow or red, if you want to provide the speaker with immediate feedback.
- Mute your phone, if it has this option, or use the webinar function in the Audio window to do it.
- Raise your Hand when asked, or when you want to ask a question in the open mic sessions